What are SIEM Systems?
A SIEM system consists of software products and security services. It combines security information management (SIM) with security event management (SEM) to deliver analysis of security alerts triggered by hardware and software… in real time. SIEM products are used to log security information and produce compliance-focused reports.
SIEM security systems work by collating log files and security data for assessment by IT administrators. This data is collected from multiple security devices including servers, routers & switches, desktops and laptops and other connected devices.
SIEM technology provides:
- SIM — Log management, analytics and compliance reporting
- SEM — Real-time monitoring and incident management for security-related events from networks, security devices, systems and applications
SIEM technology is typically deployed to support three primary use cases:
- Advanced threat detection — Real-time monitoring and reporting of user activity, data access, and application activity, incorporation of threat intelligence and business context, in combination with effective ad hoc query capabilities
- Basic security monitoring — Log management, compliance reporting and basic real-time monitoring of selected security controls
- Forensics and incident response — Dashboards and visualization capabilities, as well as workflow and documentation support to enable effective incident identification, investigation and response
Gartner defines a small deployment as one with 300 or fewer event sources, a sustained EPS rate of 1,500 events per second or less, and a back store sized at 800GB or less. Gartner defines a midsize deployment as one with 400 to 800 event sources, a sustained event rate of 2,000 to 7,000 events per second and a back store of 4TB to 8TB. A large deployment is defined as one with more than 900 event sources, a sustained event rate of more than 15,000 events per second, and a back store of 10TB or more. Some very large deployments have many thousands of event sources, sustained event rates of more than 25,000 EPS and a back store of more than 50TB. We may indicate that a vendor’s SIEM technology is ideally suited for a small, midsize or large deployment, which means that the size is a typical or most common successful deployment for that vendor. Every vendor will have outliers.
Managed Security Services
We have effective solutions for organisations seeking to outsource the management of their information security requirements. Our services give you peace of mind that experts are watching over your security systems in real time, 24×7.
Our Managed Services for Security include:
- Managed Firewall Service: Protects key information assets across networks, hosts, applications and databases.
- Managed Intrusion Detection and Prevention Service: Enables you to implement intrusion detection and prevention systems without devoting costly internal resources to managing, maintaining and monitoring the systems SIEM solutions for all type of organisations from SMB to enterprises. Providing expert advise and build report for Capacity Planning, Robustness ad stability of your network.